"purlqueen"
Knitting since:   junior high and again since 2004
Learned from:   local LYS owner in Cocoa Beach
My skill level:   Intermediate
MY PROFILE
Favorite local yarn shop:
Knit! in Longwood Florida
My favorite knitting techniques:
beaded knitting/crochet, entrelac, Fair Isle/Norwegian/Scandinavian knitting, intarsia, lace knitting
Types of garments I like to knit:
childrens and babies, womens, mens
I also enjoy these related crafts:
felting
MORE ABOUT ME
Like many girls, I learned to knit while in Junior High School.  I made a couple of scarves and then moved on to other interests -- boys, if I remember correctly!  Christmas of 2005, my grown-up nieces made handmade gifts for our entire, very large, family.  My mother had just been diagnosed with cancer and it was a stressful time for the family.  My sisters and I were going to be spending a lot of time away from our homes and families to help care for our Mom and I needed something to keep me busy.  So, taking inspiration from my nieces, I thought "I'll make Christmas gifts for the family.  I'll knit them!"

Being a formerly serious Type A personality, I didn't decide to knit scarves.  Oh, no.  I decided to knit afghans.  Yessirreebob.  I knitted a full dozen of them.  Plus half a dozen scarves and matching hats and one girl's poncho.  I was tying the fringe onto the last of the twelve blankets the night before the family Christmas gathering. 

My mother recovered, but I just kept knitting.  I had fallen in love with yarn.  Like those stories of people meeting their childhood sweetheart at their 25 year high school reunion and getting married, I fell in love with knitting after more than 30 years away from it. 

I was so much in love with knitting and fiber that yarn became my favorite souvenir when I travelled.  After my mother recovered, I decided to start using my hundreds of thousands of frequent flyer miles to take some really awesome family trips.  Problem was, I couldn't find a central place to find yarn shops in Paris, Florence, Venice, New York, Portland, London, Vienna, etc.  And so was born Planet Purl.

In 2008, I closed my law practice to launch Planet Purl and to spend my days with the happiest people on the planet -- knitters!  So welcome to my dream.  And thanks for being part of it.
View all >>
Title and Description Posts Photo Action
Author: purlqueen
The trials and tribulations of a yarn addict committed to passing her addiction on to others around the world....
View all >>
Title and Description Photo Action
Author: planetpurl
Learn to knit toe-up socks on two circular needles in this 4 week sock knit-along. Live class begins March 1, 2011....
Live online entrelac class held January 18th, 2011 with the PurlQueen, Beth Moriarty. Access to resources are posted here for all Planet Purl members to enjoy.... ...
Author: Kali
Live online intarsia class was held November 10, 2010 with the PurlQueen. ...
Live online class held, May 12, 2010 with the PurlQueen. All access to handouts, videos, and resources will be posted here for all Planet Purl members to enjoy.
Live online class was held July 20, 2010 with the PurlQueen. All access to videos and audio resources are posted here for all Planet Purl members to enjoy....
Author: ejbrooks
Live online class scheduled for Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 8 p.m. with the PurlQueen. All access to handouts, videos, and resources will be posted here for all Planet Purl members to enjoy....
Charity knitters come together to help others. Find information about local, national and international charity knitting groups....
Video chat with Jen Hansen from Stitch Diva Studios live on the Planet Purl Party Line. Learn more about her fabulous "Infinity Snood" and the versatile "Endless Cardi" patterns. ...
BOOK KNIT-ALONG: Kristin Nicholas joins us on the Planet Purl Party Line to talk about her new book, Color by Kristin....
INTERMEDIATE. Beautiful knitted ballet flats from TinkKnit.com's Marta McCall....
Go to links
View my (12) friends >>
These folks are in my Planet Purl network of friends!
Here are photo albums posted by this member!
 "Bobble" Capelet
6 photos
 Cabled Boler​o
6 photos
 Cabled Wrap ​Jacket
6 photos
 Colorstyle Floral Pillow
6 photos
 Concerto Wrap
6 photos
 Cropped Turtleneck from VK Winter 2009
6 photos
 Heartfelt Crochet Scarf
6 photos
 Holly Leg Wa​rmers
6 photos
 Lace Scarf - Victorian Lace Today
6 photos
 Leaf Lace Wr​ap
6 photos
 My "Precious Sweater" by Kim Hargreaves
6 photos
 My Needle-felted Bucket Bag from Tink...
6 photos
 Nicky Epstein Cardi Wrap
6 photos
 Noni Baguette
6 photos
 Ombre Alpaca Blanket
6 photos
 Ravenna Satchel
6 photos
 Rowan Snood
6 photos
 TinkkniT.com Silver Leaf Satchel
6 photos
Copyright 2007-2008 Planet Purl, Inc. All rights reserved. eApps. Privacy Policy

Favorites
Del.icio.us
Digg
Furl
Magnolia
StumbleUpon
Google
Yahoo
Technorati
BlinkList
Facebook